Links of Interest
Approved Policies and Reports
Maryland Hospital Acquired Conditions
Readmission Reduction Incentive Program
Quality Based Reimbursement
Maryland Patient Safety Center
GBR-PAU Efficiency Adjustment
PAU Savings Policy
Archived Quality Initiatives
GBR Agreements and Addendums
Annual Update to Unit Rates
Accounting and Budget Manual
Policy Clarifications & Regulation Updates
Approved Hospital Unit Rate Reports
Clinical Data Submission and Requirements
Clinical Public Use Data Requests
Financial Data Submission Tool
Maryland Hospital Audited Financial Statements
Nurse Support Programs I & II
Outpatient Services Survey Results
Hospital IRS 990 Forms
Community Benefit Program
Associate Director, Population-Based Methodologies
NATURE OF WORK: The Maryland Health Services Cost Review Commission seeks an Associate Director to assist the Director of the Center Population-based Methodologies in implementing and coordinating research and policy development activities of the HSCRC’s Center for Population-based Methodologies. The HSCRC is responsible for developing, refining, and implementing Commission policy geared toward achieving its mandate of providing maximum efficiency and effectiveness at Maryland hospitals and achieving the goals of the Maryland All-Payer model approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The Commission is an independent agency of Maryland government and is unique in the U.S. because it sets hospital rates for self-pay and commercial patients as well as for Medicaid and Medicare patients as a result of its waiver from Medicare’s Prospective Payment System.
• Developing and conducting quantitative and economic analyses to address a range of health policy issues, and their implications for the Maryland hospital payment system and the All-Payer Model.
• Working with other staff on the specifics, testing, and analysis of statistical and economic models.
• Coordinating with contractors the development and implementation of analyses and modeling designed to address Commission policy issues
• Leading or participating in the work of certain Commission-convened workgroups charged with the development or revision of Commission policies. Represent the Commission and participate on task forces and work groups charged with the development and/or review of Commission and statewide policies regarding health care services delivery and financing.
• Developing and implementing a research agenda for the Commission. This includes identifying areas of research with policy relevance to the Commission, prioritizing topics, reviewing literature related to topics chosen for study, and developing and implementing specific research plans.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge in the areas of analytical and quantitative capabilities to actively oversee policy design, analysis and implementation; health economics and/or health services research experience including use of research methods such as multi variate regression analysis; the ability to manipulate and analyze patient-and hospital-level databases; the ability to effectively communicate and interact with Commissioners, industry representatives, and the public; and strong writing, leadership and public speaking capabilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Ph.D. in Economics, Health Services Administration or
Research, Finance or a closely related field with two years of experience involving analytical and quantitative work in health policy development and analysis, health economics or health care financing. Candidates with a master’s degree will be considered with a minimum of five years professional experience. Experience in the successful direction of a health related professional staff is desirable.
SALARY: $83,836 - $134,749
FRINGE BENEFITS: Excellent State Benefits/Leave Package
HOW TO APPLY: Visit https://jobaps.com/MD/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=17&R2=009248&R3=0002 no later than September 5, 2017.
4160 Patterson Avenue | Baltimore, Maryland 21215 Toll Free: 888-287-3229
Phone: 410.764.2605 | Fax: 410.358.6217